WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
DEVELOPING THE LEARNERS AND LEADERS OF TOMORROW.
Frimley is a large (550-600 students) school on the western side of Hastings, near the Hospital and expressway. We have a diverse student roll (approx. 43% Maori, 8% Pacifika, 18% Indian) and are decile 4. Our students come from a range of areas but predominately within our zone.
We have a large, enthusiastic and committed team of teachers, learning assistants and support staff. We aim to provide a broad, rich and student centred learning programme where all learners to reach their potential and experience success.
Our students participate in a range of interschool sporting and cultural events throughout the year including: Swimming, Tabloids, Ripper Rubgy, Kapa Haka, Dance and speech competitions. We are also the Host School for the Tukituki Cluster of Resource Teachers of Learning and Behaviour (Cluster 23) who provide support for Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Schools from Hastings through to the Central Hawkes Bay. We are also a Teacher Training 'partnership school' with EIT.
As a school we:
- Place considerable emphasis on literacy (reading and writing) and numeracy (mathematics),
- Offer a broad inquiry based curriculum
- Support our students to become self directed, motivated and successful
- Give all learners opportunities to learn about robotics and coding
- Believe in our students being active and actively involved in their learning
- Have a strong house, whanau and buddy network within the school which encourages healthy competition and support for new enrolments
- Enrich our students learning through the authentic use of e-learning, with 1-1 in years 4- 6
- Employ a Te Reo & Tikanga Teacher, so all students develop their ability to live successfully within a bicultural community
- Have a full time Special Education Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) to support learning with special needs
- Are unique in having a Practice Nurse on site each day, are part of the KidsCan programme and have a school Social Worker (2 days a week)
- Are an Incredible Years School